A treat to take you back to when you were a kid !
The perfect recipe to highlight the simplest fruit.
- Peal the apples and the rhubarb. Chop them coarsely.
- In a pot on high heat, start a caramel with the sugar and a bit of water. When brown, add a bit more water to stop it from burning and add the fruits.
- Stir it together to let the caramel melt and let it cook for half an hour, for some of the water to evaporate.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the crumble (the flour, oil, honey, salt and pepper).
- Pour this mix in a pan on medium heat. Cook it while stirring it to get it caramelized and crunchy.
- when it's done, put it on the side.
- Back to the apple compote! Cover it and let it cook for 30 minutes more.
Don't forget to stir it from time to time.
- When it's done, let it rest on the side until it's completely cooled down.
- Now you just have to fill your bowls with this apple & rhubarb compote and cover it with some crumble. Enjoy!
For 6 people
Preparation: 30 min
Rest: 24h (or until the compote cools down)
2 rhubarb sticks
200 gr of sugar
25 gr of honey
150 gr of flour
3 tablespoons of oil
3 tablespoons of honey
A pinch of pepper
A pinch of salt flower
Culinary photographer and stylist