Go pick some berries and bring them home !
- Preheat a pot and pour the blackberries.
- Cover them with just enough water and simmer until they’re very soft and tender.
- On top of a big bowl, strain them and crush the berries in a colander
- Be careful to save all the water, juices and berries in the bowl.
TIPS : Once crushed this way, the berries will incorporate better in the jam. The thiner the colander, the less you’ll get grains in the jam !
- Put it all in the pot again, add the sugar and simmer on medium heat until the sugar melts.
- Turn off the heat and add the gelatin when it’s still hot. Mix it thoroughly until a homogeneous mix.
- Add the juice of your lemon.
- Pour it all in a jar, let it cool down for a few hours minimum.
TIPS : if you find it too thick, pour it back in a pot, add some water and pour it all over again in your jar to cool down.
For 1 jar
Cooking : 1h
750 gr of fresh blackberries
750 gr of cane sugar
3 teaspoons of gelatin powder.
Arks // studio
Culinary photographer and stylist