Inspired by the Mexican Mole sauce.
Turn your bowl of rice into one of a kind and delicious meal !
Let’s start with the mole sauce !
- Chop the red onion, the garlic clove and the ginger. Peal the tomato and cut it coarsely.
- Preheat a big pot with the oil.
- Roast the pepper, clove powder, onion, garlic and ginger together. Add the honey. When caramelized, add the tomato and tomato paste.
Cook it for a few minutes to reduce.
- Then, add the water and cook for 15 minutes on medium heat. Mix it regularly.
- Finally, add the chocolate and the seeds. Let the chocolate melt and add the salt. Put it aside and let the flavors infuse.
TIPS: You should have a good consistency sauce ! If not, let it reduce a bit more or add a piece of chocolate !
- Meanwhile, Cook the rice. Follow the instructions written on your package, or cook it the way you usually do !
- In the same time, chop the cauliflower and seed the corn. Chisel the spring onions and keep them for the plating.
- Preheat a pan with the oil. Add the cauliflower, corn and salt. Roast it all until well caramelized and crunchy.
- The rice should be done by now. Heat the sauce again on medium heat.
- In bowls, serve the rice, the cauliflower and corn mixture. Add a good amount of sauce per each, then the spring onions. Enjoy!
For 4 people
Preparation : 20min
1 corn on the cob
3 spring onions
1 tablespoon oil
a pinch of salt
Mole sauce :
1 big tomato
1/2 red onion
15 gr fresh ginger
1 garlic clove
1 handful of coriander seeds
1 handful of fennel seeds
1 handful of sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon of tomato paste
1 tablespoon of honey
50 gr of dark chocolate
A pinch of table salt
A pinch of black pepper
A pinch of clove powder
500 ml water
Culinary photographer and stylist