No holes doughnuts ?
Easier to bake and an extra bite for you .
- Pour the flour, sugar, egg, oil and baking powder in a bowl. Mix it all gently.
- Add the water and knead the dough with a spatula until you get an homogeneous consistency.
TIPS: Don’t knead it too much or it’s gonna get elastic and you’ll taste it in the end.
- It should be thick and sticky. Cover it and let it rest in the bowl for 30 minutes.
- Then, Put some flour on your countertop or table, and put the dough on it.
- Add some flour on the dough too not to get sticky hands.
- Flatten it quickly with your hands until you get a 1 cm thick dough.
- Cut the dough into round pieces with a cookie cutter and put the doughnuts on a large greaseproof paper sheet for them not to stick to one another.
TIPS: The best cookie cutter should be around 5-8 cm of diameter. You can use a little glass, it should be perfect.
- Preheat the oil in a little pan. You should have 2 cm of oil in the pan.
Then gently put 3 to 4 doughnuts at a time in the pan to deep fry.
- Cook them for 2 minute on each side on medium heat. Baste the doughnuts with oil the whole process, it helps them inflate.
They should be gold and moist !
- Let them rest on a big kitchen roll sheet to absorb excessive oil.
- Chop the almonds and save them for the plating.
- Let the oil cool down and get rid of it.
- Clean your pan and preheat it again on low heat. Pour the honey and add the chocolate. When melted, add the water little by little and mix gently.
Then, Stop the cooking.
- Take a doughnut and dip the top of it in the glazing. Add a pinch of the chopped almonds, while the glazing is still warm.
They will stick better on it !
- Repeat for each doughnut.
TIPS: while dipping all the doughnuts the glazing might cool down and become too solid. Don’t hesitate to add a few drops of water and heat it again.
- When it's done, prep the tea and Enjoy!
For 4 people
300 gr flour
50 ml water
4 tablespoons of sugar
1 tablespoon of oil
1 tablespoon of baking powder
150 gr of oil ( for a little pan, and more if you got a big one ! )
40 gr of chocolate
1 tablespoon of honey
50 ml of water
A handful of almonds
Culinary photographer and stylist