A rustic and warm meal for rainy days !
- Peel the turnip, the onion but not the potatoes.
Cut all the vegetables coarsly into big dices.
Crush the garlic clove and peel it.
- In a big pot, roast the garlic, salt and pepper with a bit of oil.
Add the onion and the brown sugar to caramelize.
Then, add the potatoes, turnip, tomatoes and tomato paste.
Mix it and let cook for a 10 minutes on high heat.
- Deglaze with vinegar and let reduce for a couple of minutes on high heat.
- Add the water, cover and cook for 45minutes until the veggies are tender.
- Stop the cooking, add your seeds and let the flavors infuse before serving hot.
TIPS : This recipe matches perfectly served with Barley wheat, coral lentils or white rice !
It will even be yummier eaten the next day or more ! As any stew, the longer to infuse, the better !
For 6 people
Preparation : 30 min
Cooking : 1h
1 big turnip
1 big potatoes
1 garlic clove
3 tablespoon of vinegar
1 tablespoon of tomato paste
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
A handful of your favorite seeds.
A pinch of salt
A pinch of pepper
1,5 L of water
Culinary photographer and stylist